From the Manufacturer's Label:
Herbal thyroid supplement naturally activates thyroid hormone production for improved energy, metabolism and weight management
Uses: Helps activate thyroid hormone production and support healthy thyroid gland functioning*
- Ultimate thyroid supplement for optimal thyroid hormone production
- Improves energy levels, metabolism and weight management
- Supports other functions of the endocrine system
- Supports healthy emotions, fertility, hair growth and body temperature control
What is Thyroid Assist?
Thyroid Assist is the premier safe and effective, non-addictive, natural thyroid remedy to optimize performance of the thyroid naturally. It is specially formulated for the natural activation of thyroid hormone to ensure adequate production of thyroid hormone and support healthy thyroid gland functioning. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, Thyroid Assist is the ultimate herbal thyroid supplement and has been used for many years to safely boost energy levels and metabolism, helping to improve weight management efforts and balance emotions.
To ensure the safety of Thyroid Assist and provide the highest quality, most effective product, we use only Premium Whole Herb manufacturing. This process excludes the use of any chemical solvents during extraction and maintains the balance of the whole herb to give you the very best possible safety, quality and efficacy. This is unlike other products that use standardized extracts, exposing the ingredients to harsh chemical solvents and removing the supporting metabolites from the plant.
This thyroid health supplement contains a unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs known for their beneficial effect on thyroid functioning, as well as on overall systemic health. Thyroid Assist contains Bladderwrack, a sea vegetable that is a prime source of iodine, an ingredient that is crucial in the activation of thyroid hormone production. It is also used for healthy metabolism and can be found in many slimming remedies.
However, our team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists know that one ingredient does not provide a full solution. Therefore, we have created a unique blend of three scientifically selected ingredients that enable Thyroid Assist to provide the help you need for optimal thyroid hormone production, a requirement for increasing energy, improving metabolism, weight management and emotions, and maintaining healthy body temperature.
Thyroid Assist also includes Oatstraw, a well-known restorative and nerve tonic, as well as Makandi, which has been shown in clinical trials to stimulate the thyroid.
Thyroid remedies, such as Thyroid Assist, can make all the difference without compromising health and without the risk of side effects. Herbal AdrenoBoost™ is a great supplemental formula to Thyroid Assist. AdrenoBoost naturally promotes optimal adrenal gland functioning and normal energy levels.
The formula remains true to the full spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. Unlike standardized extracts, which expose the ingredients to harsh chemical solvents and remove the supporting metabolites from the plants, this manufacturing method significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and ensures that all active ingredients are in perfect balance.
All Native Remedies products are manufactured in the USA in FDA-registered facilities under strict cGMP standards and the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and pharmacists.
What is the thyroid gland and what does it do?
Growth, development, metabolism, organ function, fertility and body temperature; these are all vital body functions we tend to take for granted. So, it may come as quite a surprise that the regulation of these vital tasks is due to the thyroid, a tiny endocrine gland located in your neck just below your Adam's apple. The thyroid gland is stimulated by the pituitary gland to produce hormones which are important for the functioning and maintenance of all the cells in the body and for metabolism.
If there is an underproduction of thyroid hormones, hypothyroidism will result. Overproduction causes hyperthyroidism, or overactive thyroid.
Thyroid function is essential for our well-being. The thyroid gland is responsible for producing two hormones and carefully regulating them. The hormones produced are tri-iodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). The thyroid gland makes these two hormones using iodine, which can be found in foods such as seafood and salt.
These hormones are extremely important. After all, every cell in the body depends upon thyroid hormones for regular metabolism. These hormones determine how fast or how slow our organs work and when our body systems use energy. Suboptimal natural thyroid function can also be the underlying cause of a number of serious conditions.
The thyroid gland works in conjunction with the pituitary gland at the base of the brain. When the level of thyroid hormones drops too low, the pituitary gland produces Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), which tells the thyroid gland to produce more hormones. Once aware of the TSH, the thyroid secretes more T3 and T4, thereby raising blood levels. The pituitary gland then slows down its TSH production.
The natural way
The thyroid is a very sensitive organ that is responsible for many functions in the body. Natural thyroid supplements have been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years to support solid thyroid health and the health of the endocrine system. In that way, these thyroid remedies support and balance efficient hormone production and natural thyroid gland function.
In more recent times, research has confirmed this traditional wisdom. There are now many published clinical studies demonstrating the ability of a range of herbs to support the endocrine system and thyroid health.
(Auf'mkolk M, Ingbar JC, Kubota K, et al. "Extracts and auto-oxidized constituents of certain plants inhibit the receptor-binding and the biological activity of graves' immunoglobulins." Endocrinology. 1985; 116:1687-1693).
How do I use Thyroid Assist?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice.
Adults & Children 15+: Take 0.50 mL 2-3 times daily.
Note: It is recommended that Thyroid Assist be used concurrently with our other herbal remedy AdrenoBoost™ to promote healthy adrenal gland functioning and normal energy levels.
Caution: Do not take Thyroid Assist if you have an overactive thyroid. Thyroid Assist is not recommended if you have low blood pressure or peptic ulcers. Consult with your doctor if you are already on prescription medication. If you are taking a natural thyroid remedy, it's important to have your thyroid checked regularly (at least every six months) to ensure hormones are within safe ranges. If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
How long until I see results?
People can differ widely in their response times to natural remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt.
Often, as in the case of all good tonics, a gradual improvement is felt over time. Best results are achieved when Thyroid Assist is used consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Thyroid Assist at full adult dosage (0.50 mL 3 times daily) will last approximately 40 days.
What are the ingredients?
Thyroid Assist is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage:
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus) is a sea vegetable that is a prime source of iodine, an ingredient that is crucial in supporting thyroid health. It has been used medicinally for thousands of years, especially in traditional Chinese medicine. Apart from its beneficial effect on normal thyroid functioning, it is also used for healthy metabolism and can be found in many slimming remedies. Studies have investigated its support of the thyroid (Clark CD, Bassett B, Burge MR. "Effects of kelp supplementation on thyroid function in euthyroid subjects." Endocr Pract 2003; 9(5):363-369). Please note: When using kelp as a therapeutic supplement, always make sure that the kelp used is sourced by a reputable and trusted company. Kelp harvested from the beach or near the coast may be contaminated with industrial waste, sewage, lead, mercury or other toxins. Kelp used in Thyroid Assist has been harvested only from uncontaminated areas and screened for the presence of toxins and contamination.
- Oatstraw (Avena sativa) is traditionally used in folk medicine, as well as in modern herbalism. Avena sativa is a well-known restorative and nerve tonic. More recently it has also been shown to be effective in supporting healthy cholesterol levels. The active ingredients in oatstraw include saponins, flavonoids, minerals, alkaloids, steroidal compounds and vitamins B1, B2 and E (Connor J, Connor T, Marshall PB, et al. "The pharmacology of Avena sativa." J Pharm Pharmacol 1975; 27(2):92-98).
- Makandi (Coleus forskohlii) is a well-respected Ayurvedic remedy traditionally used to support healthy blood pressure. Clinical trials have shown that forskolin (a chemical found in coleus) acts to stimulate the thyroid (Saunier B, Dib K, Delemer B, et al. Cyclic AMP regulation of Gs protein. "Thyrotropin and forskolin increase the quantity of stimulatory guanine nucleotide-binding proteins in cultured thyroid follicles." J Biol Chem 1990; 265(32):19942-19946)(Roger PP, Servais P, Dumont JE. "Regulation of dog thyroid epithelial cell cycle by forskolin, an adenylate cyclase activator." Exp Cell Res 1990; 172:282-92).
HERBALCOST provides these articles for information only. They are not approved or recommended by us, do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and are not meant to replace professional medical advice or apply to any products.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Herbalcost site. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child’s condition.